Bamboo is a people-focussed mobile application that makes the microinvestment of diversified parcels of cryptographic assets easy, automated and fun. All you need is a mobile phone and a bank account, and 5 minutes to get started.
Our core focus is microinvestments, however the Bamboo platform does allow for manual contributions. As the term suggests, microinvestment is a savings methodology that focuses on regular, small deposits. More information is available on the website.
We want to make entry and exit into the blockchain ecosystem seamless. Our Whitepaper covers this is more detail.
Our vision is to be the leading way that people participate in the blockchain ecosystem. We want to facilitate the education, growth and adoption of this technological innovation for all.
A gap exists between the need to adopt and invest in future defining technologies and the ability to do so. While the blockchain ecosystem has proven to have significant utility, too many people are barred from participating. Bamboo addresses this problem by providing increased accessibility and liquidity in the market. We aim to dramatically reduce the barriers of entry to the blockchain community: anyone can use our platform, and gain exposure to the blockchain community, just by continuing with their everyday purchases.
The platform is currently in closed beta testing. Our Whitepaper, in the Roadmap section, will cover this in more detail.
02. Bamboo Token
Fees on the Bamboo platform are charged in a cryptographic token known as BAM. There are several key reasons for this:
- Auditability: Unlike fees charged in fiat, fees charged in BAM are transparently logged on the public blockchain ledger.
- Reduction of counterparty risk: BAM fees are collected and settled immediately, reducing counterparty risk exposure.
- Blockchain native: Our purpose is to advance a blockchain native future of value exchange. Our core business is to "bridge" to the emerging world, with as many people as possible, to advance this purpose.
- Network effect: The store of value (price) is an emergent property driven by the network effect of all users. The market capitalisation of BAM is entirely separate from the revenue stream of Bamboo in exchange for providing the Service. The price of BAM has no impact on the value of the Service revenue Bamboo collects. This is because the amount of BAM that Bamboo levies is determined by the value of the underlying portfolio assets, not BAM. Accordingly, any change in the price of BAM is realised by holders of BAM.
- Borderless unit of account: BAM is a consistent unit of account across the platform, regardless of any user’s geographic location.
Bamboo Tokens (BAM) are utility tokens built upon the Ethereum blockchain. They comply with the ERC20 standards.
BAMs are the unit of account on the Bamboo platform, so you’ll need it to use the Bamboo platform. Further, they’re usable in any ERC20 compatible wallet and can be freely transacted as holders see fit.
Bamboo is running a token sale where you can purchase BAM. Presale began in early 2018 and the public sale is scheduled to begin mid-2018. More information will be released, but for now, complete the whitelist to get registered to participate.
03. Token Sale
The BAM Token is an important part of the Bamboo ecosystem (see above). The token sale is necessary to distribute the BAM token to future users of the Bamboo platform.
Yes, we are fully AML / KYC compliant and will not allow you to contribute to the token sale unless you have passed our checks.